This project will take place throughout the first four weeks of the course and starts in week one with the self reflection assignment. After identifying two interpersonal communication behaviors to improve you will start making observations for this midterm. This assignment consists of journaling for the first four weeks and completing the following:
1. Identify an interpersonal communication behavior that you wish to improve. Gather information about the behavior (3 expert sources) and write a short paper that summarizes your research and outlines a specific plan for improving the behavior.
2. Keep a record of your progress in the form of a journal. Each entry should describe your active efforts to improve your chosen interpersonal skills. Be specific! Include an assessment of how well you accomplished your objectives. Be sure to include successes and non-successes in your journal entries. After the description, suggest reasons why you might have been more or less successful in the situation. These entries will provide the “data” for your final paper.
4. Use the guidelines below to construct your paper:
– Provide a brief introduction and rationale for the chosen communication behaviors to observe.
– Discuss your findings from the three academic sources found about the observable communication behaviors chosen. Share what research tells us about these chosen behaviors that you observed about yourself over the four weeks.
– Share your observations. Provide excerpts from your journaling that shares your successes and failure throughout this project.
– Provide an overview of improvements or if you did not improve your observed interpersonal communication behaviors.
– Provide a reflection on the importance of self-reflecting on communication behaviors and lessons learned from this project. Discuss how a Christian perspectives about self-reflection on the area of communication behaviors may apply to this project.
5. Include a copy of your journal from the last four weeks (this can be scanned in as hand written notes OR as a word document, depending on how you recorded your progress). Get English homework help today