Research on Intimate Partner Violence and the Duty to Protect
Read “Case Study: Research on Intimate Partner Violence and the Duty to Protect” Answer the discussion questions below in 450-500 words. Use one to two scholarly resources to support your answer. When appropriate, use in-text citations according to APA formatting.
- Why is this an ethical dilemma? Which APA Ethical Principles help frame the nature of the dilemma?
- How are APA Ethical Standards 2.01f, 3.04, 3.06, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, and 8.01 relevant to this case? Which other standards might apply?
- What are Dr. Yeung’s ethical alternatives for resolving this dilemma? Which alternative best reflects the Ethics Code aspirational principles and enforceable standards, legal standards, and obligations to stakeholders? Can you identify the ethical theory (discussed in Chapter 3) guiding your decision?
- What steps should Dr. Yeung take to implement her decision and monitor its effect?
- Aidan is a research participant in this scenario. What are rights to privacy and confidentiality? How was this established? Under the circumstances in this scenario, what are the ethical issues related to his confidentiality and/or privacy?
Get Cheap Thesis Writing Service with Contentmart